Saturday, March 21, 2009

Temple Trip

The Palmyra New York Temple is going to be our temple for the next 2 1/2 years. Our ward did a Temple trip on Feb 28th. Which gave us the opportunity to attend a session. We left at 6:45 am drove the 2 hours and 45 min to arrive at the Palmyra Inn to drop off the kid at headed to the session we are so grateful for are ward with the wonderful idea to trade babysitting so both and I were able to attend the session together.
Behind my wonderful husband and girls is the Sacred Grove. The Palmyra Temple is the only Temple that has a clear window so you can see out and people also can see in. The reason behind this is that President Hinkley wanted people to be able to look out on to the Sacred Grove from inside the Temple. The Girls and I are standing in front of that window.

It was way to cold to go an actually take a tour of the Sacred Grove or the Smiths Farm House so that will have to wait until our next visit but we did get to go to the Visitor Center. It sits at the base of Hill Cumorah. There is so much history here we love it. Tayla was way excited to see the Statue of Jesus. I think it brought a little bit of St. George back to her. She always loved going to the St. George Visitor Center.

I couldn't help but add these pics of my two darling girls. Poor Amerie this is how she spends most of are adventures out of the house in her car seat.

10 comments:

  1. Ryan and I got to visit that area just before we got married (couldn't do a session yet) It is so beautiful. I am glad to see you are doing so well. Things here are good.

    ReplyDelete
  2. You guys are so amazing! It's hard for us to get to the temple and it's still only 6 blocks away! You live in such an amazing area! I was able to travel back and see all of the church history sites when I was in high school, and I loved it! It's so fun for you to live so close to them!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I just had to say that Tayla looks so grown up in these pictures. She looks happy, and you all look great.

    ReplyDelete
  4. it was a good trip, wasn't it? glad you went. your kids are cute.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love the pics! So sad we missed the trip, but next time for sure! Hey I am having a girls night this thursday at my house at 8 if you want! LOVE to see you there, but if not, no worries! Your girls are too cute!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I was wondering when you were going to update your blog again...and so I decided to click on your blog and looks like you did three days ago! My link to your blog says that you updated five days ago!!!
    Anyway, that is neat that you went to the temple. The pictures looked cute but I was feeling bad because you all looked so cold! Your girls are growing...especially T!

    ReplyDelete
  7. OK so I looked and I was wrong...according to the date on your blog you did update 5 days ago!! Where was I...I check often. Hmmm....oops!
    p.s. Gabe asked me to show him your old place here to just make sure T didn't live here anymore. We went and visited with Shelia, we had a good time.

    ReplyDelete
  8. AWWW!!! The girls are growing up way too fast!! We are just so excited to see you guys in May- bought the tickets and everything today-yayyyy!! Seems like the little trip to Palmyra was pretty amazing- what a gift to live so close to so many church history sites huh? Cant wait to see you all! <3 nate and steph

    ReplyDelete
  9. Have we invited you to our blog yet? What email address should we send the invite to? Email it to jeremiah.barber@yahoo.com

    ReplyDelete
  10. Micha! Hey, how are you? I'm blog stalking you from Lindsey and Travis' blog. I didn't know you had another baby! Wow, time has really flown by. Come by our blog and say hi. I'm excited to read up on you guys to see how you're doing. :)
    Morgan and Joseph Killian

    ReplyDelete