Monday, November 16, 2009

13.1 Miles Baby!

My 1st 1/2 Marathon! Everyone who ran the 1/2 Marathon after the race

Well I did it! My 1st 1/2 Marathon. Lacie Robinson from my ward organized a "Keepin it Holy" 1/2 Marathon and 10k race Saturday Nov 6th. Because most of the races here are on Sunday so hence a no go for us Morman gals.
I was thinking I was going to do the whole race with the girls because Andy was on a Stake Youth Conference over nighter so I bundled them up and told Tayla that we were going to the "Big Race" Well we had to start about 5min later then the others because I was still trying to get the girls in the stroller and Tayla kept says "We not going to be the Winners Mom". That day was one of those days for my kids they didn't want be in the stroller and was letting us and everyone else know. We were stopping about every .5 mile getting her something or other. I was beginning to think it was going to take us all day to run this. Thanks to Jodi my running partner for bearing with all our stops. Well around four or five miles Tayla had had it with the stroller, and Amerie had finally fell a sleep. I called a friend that organized the race and was at the watering stops to see if she could handle my kids for a little bit. (Thank You Thank You Thank You Lacie).So after we loaded up my kids in her van we were off again.With out the kids(and their stops) we moved a lot faster. I felt better than what I thought I would having only my longest run totaling six mile before this. And only running twice the last 5 weeks before the race. We were traveling and sick during that time. The last couple of miles my legs were starting to cramp a little but I made it! I think my time was right around 3 hr and 10 min I would really like to run another 1/2 with out all the stops and my girls to see what my real time would be. That will have to wait until the spring though I think. but I am thinking about the Turkey Trot Race they have on Thanksgiving. So if anyone is in the area and is up for running a 10k with me I would love the company.



My girls all bundled up during the race

3 comments:

  1. I don't so wish you were here or I was there.... I would do it with you. And once again CONGRATULATIONS! You are awesome

    ReplyDelete
  2. Congrats! I still wish I could get running - just doesn't seem to be my thing. James however is running circles around St.George. I think he put more miles on his shoes than we do both cars in a week! He is insane. It was good to find your blog and catch up with what you've been up to. Your family is so cute and the girls have gotten so big! We sure miss you. take care.Emily Holt

    ReplyDelete
  3. Micah!!! I didn't realize that you had posted about your half marathon - WAY TO GO, YOU DID IT!

    ReplyDelete