Friday, March 20, 2009

Luck of the Irish



Well St. Patty's day is a lot bigger here then it every was in Utah. They start there celebrating on the Saturday before. On the news they put it well they said that this weekend
warms up the liver for the rest of the celebration. On actual
St. Patrick's Day the bars open at 7am. they advertised a St. Patrick Day breakfast "Lucky Charms and Beer" or "Green Eggs and Ham with Beer." Crazy huh we are not in Utah any more.We decided to go to the parade they had it was fun Everyone was in green. I just had to laugh not realizing how big it was.
Us headed to the parade I had both kids because Andy had to go Study
Before the prade we went to try some of the good maple syrup they have around here. There are 5 different places in Erie that makes maple products and they all opened there doors that day so for people to see how they make maple syrup and to try samples yummy. It was even a Saturday so Andy got to come with us. YAY!


This was pretty cool they where all dressed up in old time army stuff they even fired off there guns it was way loud. They march different formations according to the drummer boys beat. I also had a picture of a float put on by a bar. I couldn't get it to post (still trying to figure out this blog stuff). It was pretty elaborate float I was impressed that a bar would but so much effort into it.

12 comments:

  1. Love the pictures! We missed the parade it looks like it was fun.
    You have got to tell me how you did all 3 pictures scattered like that in one post. I think I need blogging lessons!

    ReplyDelete
  2. That parade looks way fun!! Pretty sure you are a better blogger than I am!! I am jealous!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I am bummed, I didn't even realize that the parade was going on:) thanks for being such a good friend to me since I moved here! Seriously you have been a life saver of emotions!!:) Thanks for being soo nice, and I will say nobody makes chilli as good as you did!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I want to know why you are having breakfast at a bar? It is funny that it is a bigger celebration until you consider the liquor laws in Utah. Really the holiday is just an excuse to drink.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Yay, Micah you have your blog up and going!!! It looks cute!
    Wow, what a St. Patty's event! Glad you guys are getting out and exploring the fun there is to do in Erie!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hey Thanks for the hook up. There is a huge Irish population (considering total pop) here as well. Butte also had weekend to the 17th celebrations/excuses to drink. But as they say "IF you're lucky enough to be Irish, You're lucky enough!"

    ReplyDelete
  7. I had no idea there was a parade but it looks like fun!!! Your little girl was adorable in the fashion show the other night!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I didn't know about the parade either...darnit. Glad you had a great time!!! Its nice youre in the blogging world too!!! ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  9. so I just found your blog, welcome to the blogging world

    ReplyDelete
  10. Hi! We miss you here in St. George. I was happy to see your pics. Looks like life is good on that side of the world. How is it living in the "mission field"?

    ReplyDelete
  11. hey little lady...send me an email so i can get you on the other blog...my email is

    jolyne77@gmail.com

    ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  12. Hey! That sounds like fun...a little like Octoberfest in Germany! Our St. Patrick's day was fun, too! I made a "green" dinner, I won't bore you with all the details. But, I will admit that I used so much green food coloring that day that the next day I had St. Patrick's Poop!

    ReplyDelete