Friday, June 19, 2009

Fire flys

I just want to let everyone know that I saw my 1st fire fly of the season tonight yeah! Silly I know but this was one thing I was so excited about when we found out we were moving to Erie. I loved watching them the July I was in Chicago. We would watch them when we would walk home at night. I'm so excited!

As a side note I had a friend that would catch the poor thing and swash them then write on the side walk with them, kinda cool to see your drawing glow not so cool for the bugs.

4 comments:

  1. I miss the fire flies every summer! I grew up catching fire flies every summer and it brings back so many childhood memories. So YES they ARE a big deal! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I just love your blog! So nice to keep in touch this way. When we went to visit my parents families in Ohio I always stayed up late and caught fireflies in jars. So Cool!
    Mary

    ReplyDelete
  3. Now that was a fun memory from your past now part of your past again but as an adult! ;)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I saw fire flies once. When I was a kid we went to Nauvoo. It was on that trip that I saw them. Really fun. Love your blog!

    ReplyDelete