Sunday, June 14, 2009

DC Here We Come!

We got to go to Washington DC on Andy's Semester Break! It was a lot of fun we even convinced the Ewing Family to come a long! Our 1st day we got there and checked into the hotel and of course had to go swimming! This was Amerie's 1st time swimming! She loved it! I wasn't surprised though she has always had a blast in the tub, when ever she hears the water running she get so excited.Amerie waiting to get into the poolTayla of course loved it too! She swam for an hour and a half before the Ewings got there then she swam with them for probably another hour or so, I think she would live in the water if she could.

The next day it was time to see the sights we got up early and hit the Subway. It was the girls 1st ride on the subway, I think it was also Andy's 1st ride on the subway! It is the easiest way to get around in a city and the cheapest, plus the kids love it.


We hit the Smithsonian and some of the monuments the 1st day.

Museum of National History

We picked a few of the Smithsonians to see: The Museum of National History, The Museum of American History, and The Air and Space Museum. The next day we also went to the Holocaust Museum but when we got in there we decided it was to much for Tayla. Tayla really liked the National History Museum but I think we wore her out, she decided to sleep through the American History Museum. We saw the Flag That Inspired the National Anthem which I thought was pretty neat. We took a break from the Museums to hit some of the monuments. The 1st day we hit the Washington Monument, Lincoln Memorial, World War II Memorial, and the White House ( from a distance)

Washington Monument




Lincoln Memorial

The kids (minus Jack) Tayla and Dylin with their swords(their umbrellas)
World War II Memorial/ Lincoln Memorial
It rained off and on the whole 1st day we where there. Jody and I thought it might rain so we ran to Walmart the night before and bought some umbrella's the whole two they had in the store and thought we would do the cost efficient rain coats with some good old garbage bags. When Andy tried to put his on we realized we probably should have got a bigger sized bag.
It was definitely spring this whole trip we saw baby ducklings and baby Goslings. It was amazing on how close they let us get.

Well we decided to get out of the rain and hit the Air and Space Museum. Tayla really loved this Museum there was a lot of hands on things to do there.

The ball floating over there head, how cool is that!



Pilot Tayla was taking all her Passengers for a ride. Watch out Grandma and Grandpa she is on her way! She played in this plane forever

This wrapped up our 1st day in DC. It was a lot of walking and a lot to see.

More to come on our other days in the Nations Capitol.

6 comments:

  1. Hi Micah, Andy, Tayla & Amerie; I loved your pictures and the info on the DC Trip. I'm glad that you decided to do a blog, it keeps us from missing the you guys so much. I love seeing how much the kids have changed. They are growing way to fast and so is Andy by the looks of his new rain coat. I think that Amerie is even getting more hair. Thanks for putting your time into your blog. We love you guys lots.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Cool pics guys. We are jealous that we could not be there.

    Tim and Nancy and Gabriel

    ReplyDelete
  3. What fun pictures and a fun day! DC sounds like somewhere I would definitly love to visit. It's so cool you guys live close to so many cool places!

    Darin, Trudy, Kaden and Beau

    ReplyDelete
  4. I can't believe how grown up your baby looks already. Time goes quickly. It is great to see that you are doing well and taking advantage of all the neat places now closer to you.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Looks like a lot of fun. Wish our family could have been there with you guys. Amerie is growing so fast!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hi to the Ewell family! I love the blog and it looks like you had a lot of fun in D.C. I remember when I went there. It was alot of walking, but very interesting. The kids are growing too fast!! I love you guys! Grandma Lois

    ReplyDelete